1. Historically, in most churches in East Texas at least, the first Sunday of November is a down attendance day. Why? Opening Weekend of Deer Season. I don't know how many deer hunters we had out, but we were down from what we have been running, but were still up over our September average. So, that was really encouraging.
2. Friday Night, our student ministry, CSI:, hosted a Tailgate party before and after the High School Football game. I went and cooked a few burgers and dogs (and ate a few too) before the game.
3. On Saturday, we attended a 50th Anniversary party for the Grandersons. They are an incredible example of a Godly couple. Bro. Granderson has started driving our van on Sunday mornings.
4. Saturday Night, I watched the Texas Tech/Texas game. The Big 12 south is tough. I don't see Tech going undefeated and everyone else already has losses. Tech did a great job against Texas and deserved to win.
5. Don't forget to get out and vote. Someone gave their life so you would have the opportunity to vote. So, Pray and then vote. :)