Last week, I had the opportunity to join 30 other sub-40 year old pastors from around the nation and Canada. It was a blessing to be among this elite group of my peers. Rich Wilkerson of Trinity Church in Miami, Florida hosted the event. They treated us to some great food, discussion and training.
Here is what I took away from the event:
1. "One God idea is better than a 1,000 good ideas." - Mark Batterson, Pastor of National Community Church and Author of In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day and Wild Goose Chase
2. "There's something that's inside of our skin that tells us that someone else's success is our failure." - Troy Grambling, Pastor of Flamingo Road Church, Miami, Florida
3. Be who God created you to be and believe in your calling - Troy Grambling
4. Rich Wilkerson talked about how things start on the coastal cities and move inland. Think about it. What are the most secular cities in our nation? New York, New Orleans, Miami, Los Angeles, Seattle, etc. He said what's starts there will eventually make its way to our communities. This is what they are currently facing in Miami......Extreme Secularism, Spiritism, Sheer lostness of people, and Religious persecution. He said to get ready because this would be what is coming to our cities.
5. John Gray spoke on Tuesday Night. It was incredible. God reminded me of a dream that he had given me years ago. I honestly thought the dream had been accomplished during our time in Chandler. However, the dream is not over. It is still alive and burning deep in my soul. There was a rebirth that took place that night. We ended the night with all the pastors heading to a side room for anointing and prayer. This was a very powerful time.
I also wanted to say how awesome it was to be able to hang with a couple of friends from my college days. Michael Norman, John Van Pay (and Stephanie) and I had a blast. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time.