Thursday, February 28, 2008
However, I have found something close. Sonic Headquarters is located in Oklahoma City. There is no doubt in my mind that Sonic's new steak and rings was somehow inspired by Del Rancho. Although the steak is not near as big and the bun has been replaced by Sonic's Texas Toast, the Sonic Steak Toaster is a great sandwich. The sandwich also comes with Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo.
The only problem is that the sandwich is only available for a Limited Time Only.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
"PEYTON IS DOING BETTER. THEY HAVE HAD HIM ASLEEP WITH THE TUBE DOWN FOR SO LONG THAT HE HAS FORGOTTEN HOW TO TAKE THE BOTTLE, AND IS ALSO GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWS OFF THE MEDS,BUT OTHER THEN THAT WE ARE DOING GOOD!! JUST TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. THANK YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR THE PRAYERS, THEY ARE HELPING!!! I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED! JESSECA"
Please keep praying for this great family! :)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Tonight, she said "Daddy, what songs are you going to sing tomorrow night?" I replied "I don't know. I haven't prayed about what songs we are going to sing yet."
A little more curious, she said "Then, what songs are you going to sing on Sunday?" Again, I replied, "I don't know. I haven't prayed about what songs we are going to sing yet."
She turned and looked straight at me. With all sincerity, she asked me "Then, what DID you do at the church all day?"
Sasha and I both busted out laughing.
Monday, February 25, 2008
2. I am tired of the flu/virus business that is going around town. I talked to several of our people that are dealing with this stuff. In our Kid's Ministry yesterday, they learned about prayer. They wrote their prayer requests down and taped them to the wall. One of the little girls made a request that all the sickness would leave the earth. I'm inclined to agree with her.
3. I enjoyed communicating last night. The message on following the cloud had been stirring in my heart for sometime. I'll be posting it to our website in the next couple of days as we start the Cornerstone Podcast.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Mady had a blast. The kids did crafts, ate lunch, ate cupcakes and jumped on the trampoline.
After the Party was over, the girls got naps. When Mady got up, we all went back out and watched the girls jump.
I love days like today.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I love to dream. I believe that God places dreams in people's heart. I also believe that God guides the believer by his spirit.
What dream has got put in your heart lately?
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
2. I wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who pitched in during our absence Sunday. Thanks to Bobby Stout for ministering in both services. I also wanted to thank Tammy and Rob. I would like to thank Lisa for taking care of the Kid's Ministry. Anyone else who pitched in.....Thank you.
3. I spoke with Bobby a few minutes ago and Peyton is recovering nicely.
4. I am looking forward to this Sunday's message. I will begin the series entitled "The Prayers of Jesus."
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Peyton is such a miracle. His oxygen levels are coming up and he is doing good. Thank you to everyone who has been praying.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Some of the highlights from the last five years:
- Seeing her take her first steps.
- Her first words being "da da"
- Coaching her Soccer Team
- Watching her interact with her little sister
- Taking her to Sea World
- Riding rides at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World
- Taking her to her first movie "VeggieTales"
- Playing Hide and Seek
- Reading the Bible and saying our prayers at night
- Watching her learn to ride a bike
- Singing songs from "Fiddler on the Roof" during the middle of the night when she wouldn't go to sleep.
There are many other hightlights that I could list. I love Mady! She makes me laugh and smile. She really is a sweet girl and I can't wait to continue watch her grow.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Leave comments and let me know what you think.
2. I spoke with Jay earlier and they are not going to do a procedure on Peyton until later in the week. He is doing better today, but they want him to get better before they do any kind of surgery. Keep praying for the family!
3. Gaylord and Fredna Brown did an awesome job last night. It is awesome to hear about what God is doing through our missions giving in other parts of the world.
4. I've been working on new website for Cornerstone. The brand new www.cornerstoneatlanta.tv should be going live in the next couple of days. I'll post when it goes live for sure. It will be complete with podcasts of our Sunday Morning services.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
For you Nascar fans...Dale Jr. wins his first race in his new ride. I'm glad that he switched to the National Guard/Amp #88. It was hard to cheer for the guy driving the Budweiser car.
Friday, February 8, 2008
2. Please remember to pray for Peyton. The doctors are making decisions as I write this blog about another procedure and the course of action.
3. I need to be more diligent in blogging.
4. Easter is coming up quickly. I can't wait for Easter Weekend. It is going to be a great time!
5. Friday Nights have turned into a family night. The last few weeks we have had a "special" dessert that Mady has picked out. Last week, we rented a couple of movies and watched them. Sasha and I watched "Gameplan" with the Rock. I was shocked to hear a TobyMac song in the middle of the movie. We love TobyMac! I can't wait for tonight's family night.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
He had another EKG that showed that his heart was doing well. they are removing him from the sedation medicines to see how he responds.
Please keep praying for him.
On another note: I really am enjoying our study through the book of James. tonight, we were challenged to be doers of the word.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Reports have circulated all weekend and really all season about the unethical videotaping practices of the Patriots. Because of that very reason, I did not want the Pats to go undefeated.
What a game! The Romo-like scramble of Eli Manning to find Tyree, who made an unbelievable catch, is nothing short of legendary.
I would imagine that loss will began a LONG offseason for the Patriots.
We had a great time at the dinner on the grounds. There was lots of great food and fellowship. Then, we had a great business meeting.
All in all, it was a great day!
One of his lungs had filled up with mucus. Please pray for his complete healing and for peace for Bobby and Jessica.
Friday, February 1, 2008
We had a great week last Sunday. We had over 90 again and finished the month of January averaging 92 for the best month (attendance wise) since we came to Cornerstone in June.
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Sunday's message will be on Provision. Please make plans to be there. Also, we are having our Annual Business Meeting after the Morning Service. There will be a dinner on the grounds followed by the Meeting. Please bring food for you and your family.
I can't wait for tonight. I haven't been around my girls much this week because of being sick. It will be great to play with them. Mady says we are going to have "Movie Night." She wants to watch Mary Poppins because she has never seen it. Should be a fun night.