O.K., I know it has been over a week since I last blogged. So, let's play catch up. :)
1. At the end of last week, I attended the North Texas Leadership Conference at Grace Outreach Center in Plano. This is a great conference. For $50, you get your registration, a meal catered by the head chef of Macaroni Grill and 7 books that the conference host recommends. Obviously, they are not making money on this. The conference was great. I took our Youth Pastor, John, with me.
2. Saturday, we went to the Pumpkin Patch in town. The girls had fun in inflatables. We also spent time picking up the yard, mowing, etc. I finished off the day by watching some of the Texas/Missouri game.
3. Sunday was flat out fantastic. It was the biggest attendance that we've had since I've been here at Cornerstone. We topped Easter Sunday of this year by 7 people. On top of that, it was Speed The Light Sunday. Our District Youth Director, Jon Catron, shared about Speed The Light. Sunday Night, we gave the youth the service. They led worship and then our Youth Pastor spoke on being extraordinary.
4. The only downer to Sunday was the Cowboys. Man, they have got to get it together and fast. The NFC East is tough and they could easily find themselves in last place.
5. Next week is our Family Fun Fest. I love this event. It is awesome to see the community come out. Today, we will have a mailout go out to over 240 individuals who came to last year's family fun fest, our Easter Egg Hunt or Kid's Crusade.