1. I had a great time at the North Texas Men's MoMENtum retreat. Pastor John and I went to the Lakeview camp in Maypearl for the retreat. Mark Batterson did an awesome job. Also, the band, Redemption Cry, were really anointed.
2. On Saturday, we stopped at Snuffer's in Rockwall to eat. Snuffer's is right off I-30 and they have excellent burgers and Bacon/Cheddar Fries.
3. Saturday Night, I was glued to the Television as Michael Phelps broke the record for most Gold Medals in the Olympics.
4. It was great being back with the Cornerstone Family. Tammy and the worship team did an awesome job. The message in tongues and interpretation was right on with what God was speaking to us. We began a new series called "Chase The Lion." Over a year ago, I read the book "In a pit with a lion on a snowy day" by Mark Batterson. I have felt since the beginning of the year that we were supposed to do a series based on this book. This week, we talked about Defying the Odds. When the odds are impossible, it is God setting the stage for an amazing miracle.
5. We have copies of the book available in the church foyer for $5 each.