Happy New Year (a few days late....)! 2008 is going to be a great year. Here are some great things that are happening:
1. Bobby Hearnsberger called yesterday afternoon with great news. They had removed the breathing tube from Peyton. The color of his skin had returned to normal. They had also moved him into another room and removed some of the other things that were attached to him. That was great news! Then, a couple of hours later, Debbie, Bobby's Mom, called me back and said that they had gotten the results back from an EKG that was done earlier in the day. The heart was squeezing like it is supposed to and everything was looking great. The doctors are anticipating letting him go home in a week. Praise the Lord!
2. We are moved into our house. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to know that we are in a house. Our duplex was great, but it was just inadequate for our family. The girls are having a great time. We still have a lot of boxes to unpack. Thanks to everyone who helped us remodel and move!
3. CSI: Cornerstone Student Impact is our Student Ministry at the church. They had their bi-annual fireworks stand last week and made over $5,000. A portion of that will go to Speed The Light and the rest will go to their student ministry budget.
4. I spoke with Ron Rhoads yesterday. We are really excited about what God is going to do during our upcoming Revival with him. Please set aside January 13-16 to concentrate on your relationship with God. Ron is a dynamic communicator and you will be blessed and challenged by his ministry and testimony.
5. I've gotten great response on the One Year Bible Challenge. I personally am reading through the Bible twice. I'm reading everyday's reading twice. One time in the New Living Translation and once in the Message. I encourage you to start today. It's still not too late to catch up. :)