To the right of my blog, you can see several other blogs that I read on a regular basis. My friend, John, has a blog that I read. He writes about life, his family and the church that he is planting. This week, John wrote about Chick-fil-a and their core values. At the end of his blog, he gave the following reminders for building children. They spoke to my heart and I thought I would share them also with my blogging audience.
7 Reminders For Building Children* by S. Truett Cathy - Founder and Chairman of Chick-fil-A
1. Every child I know who overcame long odds and grew into a responsible adult can point to an adult who stepped into his or her life as a friend, mentor, and guide.
2. Don’t be too concerned that your children don’t listen to you. But be very concerned that they see everything you do.
3. Be so consistent in your discipline that you’re boring.
4. Stop arguing in front of your children.
5. You may think children have outgrown the desire to be rocked to sleep at night. They
6. Children will never believe in the covenant of marriage unless they see you living it with their own eyes.
7. How do you know if a child needs encouragement? If he or she is breathing.
* Excerpts taken from Cathy’s 2004 book: It’s Better to Build Boys Than Mend Me
I came across your blog accidentally and found your words encouraging. Thanks for sharing them!!
Nice Blog :)
Post a Comment