First, let me apologize for not blogging in a while. I needed a break. The creative juices were needed in other areas and blogging got put on the back shelf. However, I'm working on something for the next week and we'll do my best to update every weekday starting on Monday. So, for now, let me catch you up to what's been happening this week.
1. Mady lost her top front tooth last Saturday Night. She has one more to go before we can sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." She looks cute.
2. Last Saturday, Sasha hosted the Ladies Christmas Tea at the church. With her helpers, Tammy and Rachel, they put on a great tea.
3. Last Saturday, we also had a float in the Atlanta Christmas Parade. The theme was "Toyland." So, we built a big Jack in the Box, had Bob and Larry from the Veggie Tales, a teen dressed in a big dog costume, our resident clowns, Doug and Sherry, and kids throwing out candy. It was lots of fun.
4. I enjoyed the SAU Chi Alpha team that came over last Sunday night. They led worship and their director spoke. We have two of our Cornerstone students who have gotten involved in the Chi Alpha worship band.
5. We had our annual Advisor's Christmas gathering. It was a great night of food and fellowship. :)
6. Last night was simply amazing. Pastor John, Rachel and I went down to Bossier City to see the "Winter Wonderslam Tour" with Toby Mac, Relient K, Family Force 5 and B. Reith. We met up with my cousin, J.C., at Moe's. Then, it was off to the show. The show was incredible. Unlike last week's Casting Crowns show, the majority of the music was not Christmas music. They did a few Christmas songs, but it was mostly their normal stuff. I have watched TobyMac in concert now since he was in DC Talk (I first saw them in Waco about 18 years ago.) Vocally, he has come a LOOOONG way. The band was awesome. His message was challenging. The production was incredible. If you like that style of music, you need to see Toby live in concert. Simply amazing.