In the original Giving Honor Blog, I honored my High School Youth Pastor Brent Williams. Today, I want to honor Scott Wilson. Scott is co-Senior Pastor of the Oaks Fellowship in Red Oak, Texas. Scott was the Rec. Director at camp the summer before I went to Southwestern. It was there that I met several of his interns. One of them, Jason Alexander, invited me to come to what was then called Oak Cliff Assembly of God. A guy on my hall, Ron Rhoads, also invited me to go to Oak Cliff. It was there that I met Scott. I was blown away the first time I attended SOL'R (Sharing Our Lord's Radiance) Youth Ministries. It wasn't long after that I found myself in Scott's Sky Blue SUV driving down I-20 with Brian Dollar. He invited us to be a part of their intern program. I accepted and worked for Scott throughout the 4 years that I was at SAGU.
This was a defining moment in my life. I learned so much from my mentor and friend.
Five Key Lessons I learned while interning at Oak Cliff.
1. It is important to continue growing and being a life long learner.
2. Everyone has something that you can learn from them. I witnessed Scott on more than one occasion learning from someone who had a smaller ministry than what he did.
3. Dream a Big Dream! Scott is a dreamer and he taught me the importance of dreaming big.
4. The attitude of Gratitude.
5. The importance of being loyal to those who you follow.
Thank you, Scott, for believing in me, for not giving up on me, for allowing me to make mistakes, for being my mentor, for investing in me and for giving me the practical training that has allowed me to do what I'm doing today. I love you and Jenni!
Post a Comment